Friday 16 February 2018

all the small things

Sometimes I run out of time and energy to do all the things I want to do - don't we all.  Sometimes I don't get to tangle a full tile for Adele's wonderful It's a String Thing challenge.  But this year I stumbled on an idea, a little stepping stone to bridge the gaps between the chances to fill a full tile and send it to her.  And those stones take the form of Bijou tiles.

IAST #225 and #227

I've done it four times now, and as well as feeling like I'm not missing out on the fun, I'm realising just how charming a Bijou can be.  It's opening my eyes to the fact that when I commit to working with a certain sort of tile I get to know it better, it's quirks and endearments.  And I'm regularly stunned at just how much I can fit onto one of these little treasures when I put my mind to it!

IAST #229 and #230

Who knows if it's a habit that will stick - but for now it's working!

9 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea. :) Thanks for sharing your idea and your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what one can fit into a Bijou isn't it 😉 Those are gorgeous and what a great solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have small colored notepaper I use to draw a new tangle on (please note tangle is singular!!!). Jeez, I will get myself a strong magnifying glass and give it a try, too. All four of yours look absolutely gorgeous, Jem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie! I have to admit that after working so small I do need to stretch a bit and go a bit wild on a bigger piece of paper!

      Delete
    2. Hey J, just to let you know your going tiny had stuck in my mind. Diva Challenge nested hearts, didn't know what to do. Remembered somebody made bijou tiles. YEAH!!! And so I did, too. A lot less sophisticated, I give you that, but it is a beginning. Today I saw your beautiful IAST tile and lightning hit me! That's her, the bijou tangler (how I could forget is beyond me). You are right though, after small I went big(ger). LOL

      Delete
  4. I would love to include your Bijou in IAST anytime! Please do send in any entry you want to share, no matter the size or tangle(s). You inspire and motivate the rest of us :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adele for your kind words. In truth most of these were completed long after your deadline!

      Delete