Monday 30 March 2015

it's a spring thing too

I was also late in completing my tile for last week's It's a String Thing Challenge.  So I thought I'd pop it here instead of it lurking, forever unseen, in one of my many hiding places for finished tiles!

I often notice other tanglers having very distinctive styles or looks to their work.  I'm not sure I've found my personal style just yet.  But I do seem to go through certain phases where my designs show similarities.  And at the moment I seem to be in quite a light, airy mode.  I think it's probably all down to Spring, to the lightening and lengthening of days.  To new growth appearing everywhere and coaxing me to bend and sway with it.


And so a weaving double-threaded string, blooming with little individual bursts of Mumsy, and Printemps patterned Kelp leaves.  I can almost imagine looking out of the window and seeing this growing up and over the fence!

No comments:

Post a Comment