Wednesday 18 June 2014

under my skin

One of the great things about a good tangle is that it has room to grow.  You can get to know it.  You can develop a rapport.  It can accompany you to new and unexpected places.  A good tangle is much like a good friend.  While Mooka and I still have an uneasy alliance, Auraknot excites me and my ease with Auraknot encouraged me to try something different with Mooka.  This is the result -

Diva Challenge #172 - take two
To begin with I wasn't that happy with the colour combination I'd used on this tile - there was something a bit 'off' about it - but she said it looked okay, a bit like bruised skin, and I kind of liked that so stuck with it.  Mooka wrapping a dark border and an Auraknot centrepiece.  Some stippling with the Micron, and it all comes together looking a lot like a tattoo.  Which is apt as the Diva's original post mentioned her Mooka tattoo.  And while I'm not likely to get a Zentangle tattoo, I'm sure to use these tangles again.

9 comments:

  1. I really like your weaving two AuraKnots together. I love stippling and you have put it to good use, and you application of the ever go-getter Mookas is really nice. Very well done. I must admit that I can not read your text. It looks so small on my screen. The tile looked fine though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely tile - like what you've done with mooka and how it is integrated with auraknot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just think you are incredibly clever! Love it. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tile is great, I love the soft color in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this tile, and I like your sharing of the process you go through.
    This was a direct inspiration for me to go back to the drawing board and explore some more, and as you noted so accurately "there is always a room to grow".

    Thank you for the inspiration.

    I added two new drawings to my entry (didn't do a "#2").

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting and creative combination of these tangles. Like the border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your tile is very nice love the weaving

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mooka as a border is very cool! Thanks for sharing, I will have to try it out now.

    ReplyDelete