Tuesday 17 June 2014

catch it while you can

Some tangles take a bit of getting used to.  And so it goes with Auraknot, which I encountered for the first time yesterday via the Diva's latest challenge.  I had a go, following one of the written step-outs and got in a terrible mess.  It was like that the first time I tried Baton and Betweed.  Lines firing off in all directions, and few reaching their target.  I didn't feel much pleasure from the process at that stage.

Later in the day, I sat for twenty minutes and watch the official video of how to draw it, and in Rick and Maria's capable hands I saw that I could do this.  At one point I heard Rick in the background saying how the tangle was forgiving - and that worked like a magic word.  I grabbed a piece of scrap paper and went for it - and filled two sides with some passable Auraknots.  It had clicked.

And so today I did this -

Never that comfortable with Mooka I just put in a few 'Mooka clips', to hold down my Auraknot.  I might come back at some point and add a little colour, or maybe not.  As it is I think it gives a nod to my youth, my fascination with fantasy and magic.  It reminds me of those dream-catchers we all had in our windows at one time.  I wonder what dreams this will catch?

19 comments:

  1. A very original and cute idea, drawn beautifully. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use these tow together! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mooka 'clips' - very creative

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very unique design! It looks like a beautiful dream catcher to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll say, you "got it"! Beautiful work and I love the idea of Mooka as clips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your composition is great. So original. I love your Mooka clips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dual Mooka clip suspension system immediately caught my eye also. What an awesome idea. Dream Catcher was the next thing I thought of before I had really taken in how wonderful this design is. You were on top of your game on this one Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tile and fantastic shading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh. how lovely !
    And very creative !

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful tile. I've also struggled to get to grips with the Auraknot. I love the mooka clips that you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I certainly does have a "dream-catcher" feel! It's beautiful, earthy and magical.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it...it reminds me of the craft in school, where we made God's Eyes weavings. The frame, and the mooka clips. So clever and very lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so very original and done so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. a "Dream-catcher" it is, and I just love the mooka clips, which I think are brilliant.
    And your auraknot - "by the book". clean and sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a winner! Oh, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I immediately thought if a dream catcher when I saw your tile. I like the Mooka clips holding the auraknot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like both your efforts - I looked at the second one first. I love this interpritation, very light and airy. BTW, Mooka would make GREAT paperclips!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You certainly can do Auraknot! I love the mooka clips, what a great idea :) Linda x

    ReplyDelete