Thursday 12 June 2014

hundreds and thousands

Last Sunday I was idly tangling in the sun.  And I found myself drawing a few strings of tiny beads.  I find I often reach for the tangle Beadlines when I'm stuck with a way to bring two areas together. 

Come Monday, the Diva introduces her bead based challenge and tells us about Beads of Courage.  I'd never heard of the idea before and presumed it was just a US thing - then on the tv that night, I see a girl with her own string of such beads.

It took me till today to work out how I wanted to take on the challenge - and then it fell into place.  I'd printed out two copies of the Bright Owl Zendala #94, one for that challenge and one as a spare - and suddenly I could see all those faint printed lines as strings for my tiny Sunday beads.  In uncharacteristic bright and warm colours, my partner pointed out that some even look like bees!


The finished Zendala reminds me of summer's long gone - of tied-dyed dresses and drinking cider from bendy plastic pint glasses.  Of hayfever and live music lost to the sky.  And wearing far more beads than is strictly necessary.

7 comments:

  1. Love it!!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely piece and I think your thoughts of the summers long gone fit it perfectly, I seem to remember those days too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful eye-catching piece. I love it, and your poetic commentary is wonderful and so appropriate. Beautiful entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely beads and a thoughtful story.

    ReplyDelete