Wednesday 20 August 2014

something in the way

This week's Diva Challenge was to tangle something inspired by water. 

I love water.  I live by the sea and view her like a true and trusted friend - she's always there for me when anything and everyone else might not be.  I think and in turn write about water a great deal.  I am amazed that it can take so many different forms.  I am stunned at its patience and the damage it can cause.  And I am forever grateful that I can turn on a tap and find a ready and safe supply of it.

Yesterday we received our half-yearly water bill and were told our usage was well below average.  We have developed little everyday habits to avoid waste.  We collect rainwater in a butt to water our garden.  We were thanked on the bill for 'using water wisely'.



And so to the tangling.  I toyed with a few other ideas, but when this one came it seemed simple and somehow perfect.  A circular tile with strips of colour from a watercolour brush pen.  With lines of Printemps over the top (my trials with this tangle have been documented elsewhere).  Some Msst in between.  A touch of shading and there you have it.

22 comments:

  1. Love it. It is a very relaxing looking piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this! Very nice tile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, love the orb, tangling, and perfect shading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tile, I think it's very creative you made this out of the water theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully simple zendala! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the soft simplicity of your tile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing Tile. Love the flow and your superb design sense. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This should be done large and hung on a wall! As my husband would say "Worthy of hanging!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. a lovely tile. the colour and composition are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! It reminds me of the planet Jupiter hahahaha! Printemps is one of my favorites. I love how it looks shiny, no matter where it is used. And inside your flowy bits, it adds so much texture and interest

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so effective, more so on a circular tile somehow, a great interepretation of the sea. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful and very elegant! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a beautiful zendala. There is a great balance between white areas and the colored areas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so very beautiful, I LOVE the design and Printemps seems to be made for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea to depict water. When I saw it it reminded me of one of those pictures of earth that they take from space. Water covers so much of the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful. I love it.
    I love the elegant design and the flow it creates, And the coloring, and texturing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really beautiful in its simplicity. The Printemps really fills the shapes nicely and I like the coloring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your water savings! That is awesome!

    I love your zendala... You captured the challenge so well! Beautifully drawn, shaded, and colored!

    ReplyDelete