Monday 7 July 2014

four sure

Sometimes a challenge makes me want to get clever, to push myself and think of new things to try.  At other times I simply want to play and see what happens.  And that's what I did this week, with the Diva Challenge asking us to use Crux (by Henrike Bratz).  With nods to Bales and 4 Corners I just let my pen roam, picking out or omitting parts as I fancied.  And I popped each Crux pattern on top of a square of Inktense colour (trying out some new pencils I just got for my birthday).

I toyed with the idea of putting something else around the squares, to link them together maybe - but in the end decided less is more? 


Perhaps my subconscious was at work while I drew - as she texted to ask me for directions to the fabric shop.  She came home empty handed but my tile seems to have four swatches of fabric on it.  Or perhaps some nice Moroccan tiles.


22 comments:

  1. How very neat! I love the squares all similar yet so different. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great variations of crux, and very nice colored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap. I got inktense pencils for my birthday this week too. I really like what you have done with Crux. It's interesting and well thought out, despite your pen just roaming - innate design sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow these are beautiful! You did an amazing job at seamlessly incorporating your tangles and colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very nice. I do think you hit just the right level of "done-ness"...your tile is elegant and pleasing to look at. well done!
    (aka HeidiSue)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you've done on this piece. I love the sampler look, very much like a quilted piece. All your variations on Crux are wonderful. I think my favorite is the one in the top right, with the dots. So light and airy. It really is a lovely piece. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific Design idea. Shows your creativity in a wonderful way. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Envious of your successful restraint!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They came together nicely! And yes, less is more sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a great birthday and SCORE on the Inktense. They are wonderful colored pencils. I like the "fabric" look to your pieces. Beautiful composition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like the variations and the transparent effect you created with the different squares.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nicely done! Beautiful line work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever, and so beautiful!! I may have to give something like that a try!! Thanks! :0) Share humanity

    ReplyDelete
  14. I indeed think that less is more and your beautiful tile is a great example of that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice. It works. And best of all: you gave me some ideas to "steal", heh-heh-heh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely variations of Crux and the soft colours are wonderful! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice. I like the mosaic idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I looked at this a long time...I was enjoying the tingles it was giving me. Absolutely love the tangles, the colours and the incredibly clever way you've put them all together. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I removed a duplicate comment - I thought my first one had got lost but it turned up....Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very clever and neat way to do this challenge!

    ReplyDelete