Tuesday 22 July 2014

melting point

For this week's guest Diva Challenge post, Caroline Broady invites us to play with her tangle Truffle.

It's one of those really good tangles, as delicious as the confectionery it shares its name with.  It melts in the mouth, it delights with surprises hidden within.  It invites all manner of tweaks and changes and never looks the same twice.


I kept it simple and put it in a circle (confession - I used a template to get my circle neat!).  I filled the middle with a burst of a recent Tangle Patterns offering - Xplode.  I went for the aura version and heaped on the black ink to make it pop out.

The temperature has been rising lately, causing uncommonly hot weather for the UK.  We've had lightning storms strobing us from sleep.  We've been turning to face the electric fan like its some futuristic deity we need to worship.  And I think a bit of that atmosphere has seeped into this tile.

16 comments:

  1. So Beautiful. One can taste the delightful pleasure of the truffle in your drawing. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful how your truffle turned into a dandelion. The simplicity And delicate look is great,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how simple you kept the Truffle and it worked out to make a beautiful tile. The shading is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a beautiful job creating eye-catching contrasts in your tile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The center tangle is captivating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've done Xplode in white on black, certainly reminds me of the crack of thunder on Saturday night when I thought the house roof had been hit! Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful. love the symmetry and the dark centre.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tile!! I have not yet tried Xplode, but you did an awesome job combining it with Truffle! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this tile, you did so very well. Like UK, it's so very hot in Holland. Let's try to keep cool (in any way we can).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Tile. Love the way you connected Truffle to other elements of your design. Allowing the Explode Pattern to escape from the inner core is so nice. Beautiful Shading, and I loved the "Futuristic Deity" comment about the live saving Fan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful tile! I like your way to use Truffle here! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tile. Like the shading of the Truffle. Remind me of fans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great way to use this one! Love the black center too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really nice. Striking in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tile and tangling with this lovely new tangle. Love the words that accompany it too. We've just had a week in the UK and have rather enjoyed the cooler weather but I guess it's all comparative!! Axxx

    ReplyDelete