Wednesday 30 March 2016

layer upon layer

I stacked my papers with all the bottom left corners together.
I'm not sure I really 'got' this week's Diva Challenge - which was to create a stack of tiles.  I really like using border type tangles, but I felt like I struggled to pull the separate tiles together - beyond the actual sticking of them.  In hindsight I'd have done more of the sort of thing I did with the bead string.  I think also I found it almost unbearable to think of all that blank un-drawn-on paper hidden beneath!

But anyway - no mistakes, no regrets.  Here's sharing what I came up with.  Just four layers, with three from some coloured papers.  Sinchun on the Bijou tile, with blackened background and white ink beads.  A variation of Zenith on the beige paper.  On the green is Ponio (by Damy).  And lurking there in the dark grey W2.  Some white pencil and shading to liven things up a bit and there you have it. 

12 comments:

  1. I love this piece! Your "Beadlines" is brilliant:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful focus tile and beautifully rendered tangles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like this, the tangles are chosen so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it. I felt the same reluctance to use/waste paper, so I used scraps from the box that gets fuller all the time because I forget to look there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful combination! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the combination of Tangles and colours. The one on the Bijou is particularly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's gorgeous, very botanical looking. Good idea to stack the papers into one corner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great offset stack. Love your beads wondering from border to border, and I agree I found it hard to think of all that wasted space underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just viewed your tile for the IAST challenge. I like the tile with in a tile and the simple design. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete