Monday 3 March 2014

sowing the seeds of love

Day 23 of One Zentangle a Day and I very nearly get into an argument with Kathy's Dilemma.

But just as I am about to accuse it of being a mere imitation of Tripoli I hold my tongue and draw it instead. And I'm pleasantly surprised by how it behaves.

The way it takes a circular space and dissects it, but then somehow holds it together at the same time. I like the way it can be filled, or not. I like the way it can lay over other tangles. In only two loops on a single tile we become friends. I'm already planning our next date!


A black and white Flux, a dark-holed Keeko border and a bit of Raindotty to tie the background together and I'm done.  

And it looks like an overhead view of a garden - or one of those drawings professional gardeners make when they plan what will grow where. There's a border and a lawn, and a curving line of vegetation and then these two circular beds, divided and seeded with wonderful plants. I can't wait to see how they might grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment