Thursday 13 February 2014

the ones that got away

Some weeks there is only one tangle assigned for the It's a String Thing challenge.  But other weeks there is quite a wide selection to choose from.  I pick ones that appeal, ones that work together, ones that excite or challenge or comfort me.  But sometimes I feel a bit sorry for the ones I didn't use, the ones I overlooked or couldn't find a way to squeeze onto my tile.  With a three and half inch canvas you learn to be selective!

For this week's challenge I decided to do a second tile, using the tangles that didn't make the first cut.  I struggled to see how to fit in Efilys - so for this tile I took that as the starting point, whacking one big one down to fill the entire tile.  All the other tangles would have to work around her. 



And they did.  With Eke setting us off along those arms.  Into the bend and then handing over to Ennies - a peculiar but seemingly versatile tangle happy in this instance to take the place of the flourish at the end of the Efilys arm.  With a block of four Emingles in the middle, grounding the whole but also setting it moving a bit in the eye of the beholder. 

It looks like it could take off given enough wind.  And if it did it looks like it could take your head off!


No comments:

Post a Comment