Wednesday 3 October 2018

spiral-bound scribblings

As I headed to my sketchbook today to note down a couple of new tangles that have taken my fancy I realised it's been a while since I shared my sketchbook secrets with you.  So here goes with the four pages I've filled since June -


Points of interest - 
  • Having fun cutting Wholly Hollibaugh type 'holes' in all sorts of tangles.  I'm late to the party but this is an area I want to explore much, much more
  • Playing with coloured ribbons - as introduced in videos for Zentangle Project Pack #3
  • Tangles I found but want to use more - Tektonik and Ila



Points of interest -


  • More Wholly hole making - this time through Icantoo
  • Copying down a few ornate border tangles that I spotted while reading The Book of Zentangle
  • Drawing in white having blacked out a big mess that I've now forgotten entirely
  • My first Diva Dance leaf - I've since drawn them all over the place
  • Tangles I found but want to use more - Poa and Cindyer



Points of interest - 

  • Having fun threading things through Tropicana and Scallamp - two tangles I love
  • Various scribblings as practice for IAST or Square One tiles
  • Rediscovering Reef and Kathy's Dilemma - both of which I met when first learning via the One Zentangle a Day book 
  • Tangles I found but want to use more - JoVi and PeelD



Points of interest - 
  • Lots of Hexonu - every time I use it in practice I like it - try to put it on a tile and it all goes wrong
  • A few examples of Divi drawn as I started to develop the tangle 
  • Quli - drawn free hand without a grid, having discovered it on Linda's blog and saying I would test drive whether it could be done gridless!  And it can - without a doubt!
  • A pop of red as a warm up for the most recent Mosaic Project I took part in
  • Tangles I found but want to use more - MIR.I.Am and Y.I.Am


I've included some links this time - to tangles or techniques that I mention.  But if there is anything else you spot that you can't decode or would like to know about please just ask!

2 comments:

  1. I love your sketch book posts❤ they really are works of art in their own right and seriously inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele. You were the first person to persuade me that people might want to see them!

      Delete