Tuesday 2 February 2016

lovefool

It was only as I sat to enjoy my Tuesday morning ritual of browsing through the array of tiles sent in for Adele's weekly String Thing challenge that I noticed that my tile was missing.  And only then that I realised that it was missing because I hadn't sent it in.  I'd drawn it, scanned it, and then forgotten all about it.

Drawn on Daler-Rowney Murano paper so those
white ink hearts would really stand out

So here it is.  The one that never reached its destination.  The one I encouraged (I won't say forced) myself to do despite the fact that I really don't like drawing hearts.  It's not that I don't like love.  It's just that hearts remind me too much of the commercialization of love.  But then I remembered that in the weird world of Zentangle a cirlce is an orb - which makes it far less scary to draw.  So surely therefore a heart is just a shape, with a point at one end and two bumps at the other.  So I just drew some of those shapes.  And as a result of that slight tweak in my thinking I had a great time.  Even if I did forget to email it to Adele!

2 comments:

  1. You made me chuckle this morning - thank you! Your use of white space is wonderful & I just love the contrasts of those pointed shapes with the bumps auraed in black.
    Paula (PEP

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first posted this challenge, I remembered from last year that hearts were not your favorite. I was relieved to read your post :)
    Happy to know that you completed a tile, but just forgot to send it in.
    It is beautiful by the way!

    ReplyDelete