Saturday 8 November 2014

obscured view

Life is still getting in the way of tangling.  I've started to  make brief visits to my sketchbook again, but actually drawing on a tile has been rare.  And posting and sharing those results even rarer.

But here's a little something I knocked out for this week's Diva Challenge.  I wasn't in the calmest frame of mind when I drew it and that shows in the wobbly lines, but Seton is forgiving tangle, that turns wobbles into rustic charm.


I adore how Seton provides the bare framework for us to embellish in endless ways.  Here I chose to use my own tangle, Kitl for the fill.  For some strange reason I often forget to use my own tangles when drawing!

A bit of colour and I'm quite pleased with the finished image.  I like the strange sense of looking through bars onto a patterned wall, or seen another way a tiled wall.  This confusion sums up my state of mind of late - sometimes it's hard to know quite what you're looking at.

8 comments:

  1. First and foremost - welcome back !
    I missed your posts and your unique style. Happy you got your pen flowing again :)

    Love your Seton and Kitl combination, the holes that make the grid look like "bars" (like in a prison cell), and the gentle color touches.

    Hope life will allow more posts :)

    Take care
    Omer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitl works so well with Seton. Nice job on the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, was pleased to see your post in Laura's listing. Love your Seton-Kitl combination. Delightful design and wonderful shading. Well done, and I hope you'll be able to post again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes I like the way you look through the bars to the circles, which you have emphasized. the subtle colour is very nice - well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you back!!! Your tile is beautiful; Seton is great with Kitl and the depth in it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful glimpse inside your tangled window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tangle...it works perfectly with seton!

    ReplyDelete