Tuesday 27 May 2014

utterly encircled

I haven't tangled much lately - sometimes life gets in the way.  But this week's Diva Challenge got me back into it in the best possible way.  I reminded me that amid the weekly challenges I take part in, and the new tangles I learn, from books and online, I sometimes forget the simple pleasure of just drawing for drawing's sake and seeing where that takes me.

So unbound by the limits of a tile, I took my sketchbook and drew round a miniature jam jar lid a few times, and filled each circle with whatever tangle seemed to appeal in that moment.

Going round from the top - Onamato, Verve, Jetties, Sanibelle, Ennies and Tipz

And I was thoroughly lost to the moment I spent with pen and pencil in hand.  If I hadn't started feeling hungry I believe I might have carried on off of the page and onto the table itself!  When I look at these six circles I picture a huddle of women beneath madly decorated parasols.  I see monochrome kaleidoscopes and Wonka sweets.

12 comments:

  1. You have a happy imagination. I think you may have been hungry to see all those sweets, but I do love the ribbon candy on the left and the jawbreakers on the right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you're right. I see the parasols too. Very nice parasols indeed. Would like to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great chosen tangles in your circles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My initial thoughts were iced fairy cakes, think it must have been the cherry on the verve one which led me that way (or perhaps like you I was hungry when I looked at it haha). Particularly like the tipz one which is really striking. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic description of huddled ladies under decorated parasols. I can see them chatting and giggling under your gorgeous designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Understand what you said about tangling just to do it. I was not going to attempt this challenge because of other demands. It was a great break and came together quickly. I did not use something to make the circles but my process was similar in deciding what tangles to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your poetic words as well as your wonderful tangles! A lovely gathering here - such confident line strokes! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning entry. The work of a master Tangler. Beautiful, and balanced. Pure eye candy, and your text, so enjoyable. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am seeing the most beautiful doughnuts. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of all the women huddling beneath. Beautiful tile.

    ReplyDelete