I fancied doing things a bit differently today - so had a go with the nail varnish technique that Maria demonstrated a couple of weeks ago. I'd tried a few test strips on various papers, with various pens I use. Some cause a slight deepening of the paper colour, and in others its more profound. When I tested it on a tile of Kraft paper it produced a lovely deep wood-like tone which I thought would work well with the ancient roots of Amphora.
|A work in progress - pausing to let each stage dry|
I used it on alternate stripes of the tangle, and in the space between tried out some newly bought Tombow brush pens for a bit of grey shading. I kept my tangling close to the original, but added a bit of Beadlines and some white highlights.
|The finished article|
I really like the contrast between the cool and warmer panels, and while the photo struggles to catch how it looks in reality (my scanner threw up its hands in horror!) there is a lovely sense of age about the finished tile.