And so, let me take you back to mid August, when I began this page -
You can see a little cluster of practice gems in the corner - these eventually made it onto the Zendala I shared in my last post. Sometimes ideas from more than one page have to learn to work together! I'm relatively new to gems and didn't get off to a great start when in haste I grabbed a chalk marker instead of a blender - hence the dull milky look to a few of them!
You can see my Drogon practice which went onto a tile for an Olympic themed It's a String Thing challenge. A little burst of Jenna Black's Starcrossed got repeated several times on a very warm looking tile. And that strange fusion of A-dalfa and Viaduct become the start of a tile that I will send to someone else on the Travelling Tangles Project (I've started to accumulate a little stack of pre-prepared tiles so I have some to hand any time I need to send one, or more).
And then things started to get really dark! I had a tile that didn't work out - a while back I'd tried to prepare a background that vaguely resembled the Aurora Borealis - but it looked a mess. So onto the pending pile it went. But then I spotted it and thought I'd have a go using the very spikey 3V. I darkened some sections, and filled others with Baton and an alternative version of Hypnotic that's been doing the rounds (and that featured on the sketchbook page before this one!). It's a crazy tile but I like it for that!
Another beast that rose from the darkest depths is this Trelina (a tangle by Eni Oken) climbing through the A-dalfa frame. The background was one of my first attempts at using distress inks. I also did some coloured shading and also threw in some bubbles and white highlights. And you have to take my word for the fact it looks much better in real life - the scanner doesn't like the deep colours.
There are a few other little scraps of this and that on the page that didn't make it onto a tile, but you never know, they might do soon...