Thursday 12 March 2015

ripe and ready

It's been an age since I did a Diva Challenge and I nearly didn't do this one - because I struggle with Pokeroot.  It never looks nice, always a bit too big or two small.  Or messy, or uptight.  But I think I hit on a way to work with it that I like. 

And it all came about by working with it alongside the boxy delight that is Cubine!  Now when I draw Pokeroot I imagine it has to fit into a small square space, in this case a border, but then let it bulge out a bit.  And suddenly I like it!

12 comments:

  1. This is cool I love how you've used poke root!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! More inspiration, I've been struggling with these two tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it too - A LOT! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is excellent. I love how you've done cubine. Really simple but amazingly elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really too hard on yourself; I love your Pokeroot. In fact, I love the whole tile!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic take on this challenge! BEAUTIFUL poke root and I love how you've incorporated cubine. It's just gorgeous... Composition is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a neat way to have done this challenge! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh...what is not to be liked...you do wonderful work! Very cool how you have designed your tile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. excellent idea! this gives it a little structure that it normally does not have. That is my main struggle with Pokeroot - it can get pretty wild pretty fast - but this implementation does a great job of giving it bounds while still letting the stems give it movement and freedom. I am so glad you decided to take the challenge this week and share your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I really like your composition!

    ReplyDelete